The Metabolomics Core is located across several laboratories within building 221, with all relevant installations our current instrumentation includes:
- Agilent UHPLC-QTOF (G6545) ultra high resolution MS/MS system, especially used for accurate mass and automated-MS/MS screening of microbial secondary metabolites such as mycotoxins (1, 2).
- Bruker Maxis HD QTOF ultra high resolution MS/MS system with Dionex RSLC (UHPLC) system for normal UHPLC applications (1, 2, 3) e.g. for microbial secondary metabolites and algal toxins.
- Agilent UHPLC-QqQ (G6490) triple quadrupole MS/MS used for targeted quantification of various small molecules.
- Bruker Autoflex Speed MALDI TOF instrument for microbial interactions, especially imaging of cultures
Gas chromatography mass spectrometry
- Thermo ISQ 7000 with CTC PAL sampler allowing for SPME and headspace sampling
- Two Dionex UHPLC systems with diode array detection (DAD) and automated fraction collection for semi-preparative chromatography
- Agilent 1290 with automated fraction collector for bioassays and semi-preparative chromatography
- Agilent 1100 HPLC systems with diode array detection (DAD), fluorescence detection (FLD) for standard reversed phase and HILIC separations
Software and data-analysis
For analyzing data we have several solutions:
- Chromeleon 6.8 is available as a department license to analyse data from Dionex UHPLC.
- DataAnalysis4.1 to analyse data from Bruker maXis. A limited number of licenses of Target Analysis1.2 and Bruker Profile Analysis 2.0 for unbiased data analysis and multivariate data analysis.
- MassHunter to analyze Agilent LC-HRMS data. In-house natural product databases built using MassHunter were available.
- For dereplication of natural products extracts we have access to Antibase and MarinLit on a dedicated data-analysis workstation
- Chemical Abstarcs / scifinder is available on campus and through the Remote Desktop solution from home, please register here for access.
- Beadbeater for up to 96 sample at the time
- Several centrifuges for up to 50 ml samples
- Freeze driers
N2 Evaporation facilities for falcon tubes, vials and microtiter plates
- All types of SPE columns (ion exchange, mixed mode, NP, size exclusion)
- Additional supporting instrumentation includes vacuum concentrators, ultrasonicators, instrument network server for automated data-backup.
- All instruments can be remotely controlled from the office as well as home.