Typical requirement for setting up a complete screen of 96 experiments.
- 10 ml pure protein @ 10 mg/ml
- Short meeting about expectations – what questions do you want to have answered.
- Data collection and data processing, structure solution, will be negotiated
- For initial crystallization plate setup there is a set price per crystal plate
Success is linked to prior chemical knowledge of the system of interest
- Is the protein monodisperse in solution (SEC)?
- Does it require co-factor or other special conditions? e.g FAD, ATP etc
- Does it contain glycans, or other post-translation modifications?
- Do primary structure include floppy regions such as a Tag, or intrinsically disordered regions (IDR’s)?