Our instrumentation focuses on liquid chromatography (ion exchange-PAD, size exclusion, normal phase and reverse phase) with mass spectrometry (ESI-iontrap, QTof and MALDI-ToF).
We have special expertise within
- Monosaccharide compositional analysis
- Oligosaccharide profiling
- Molecular weight distribution of soluble polysaccharides
- Quantification of carbohydrate-related substitutions like acetate, sulfate, and hydroxycinnamates
- Determination of Klason lignin
Possible carbohydrates could include, but is not limited to; cellulose, hemicellulose (xyloglucan, arabinoxylan, glucuronoxylan and (gluco)mannan), pectin, human milk oligosaccharides, alginate, fucoidan, carrageenan and microbial exopolysaccharides.
The Core offers a 5 ECTS credits, PhD-level, hands-on course where students learn the theoretical and practical backgrounds for analyzing various carbohydrates.
The course is offered upon student request or when practically possible.
Contact the core managers if you want to know more.